All the features of the Freelance edition, plus an extra activation license for translators who work on two PCs simultaneously.
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freeelance is the leading translation software for language professionals who want to translate and review projects, use terminology and get the most out of machine translation in one simple desktop application. Used by over 225,000 professionals, when you choose Studio, you become part of the largest translation community in the world. Read more
How does AutoSuggest work?
AutoSuggest monitors what you are typing and, after you have typed the first few characters of a word it presents you with a list of suggested words or phrases in context and in your target language. If one of the words or phrases matches what you were about to type, you can automatically complete the word or phrase by selecting it from the list. As you continue to type, the list of suggested words is continuously updated.
Where do the AutoSuggest suggestions come from?
The suggested words and phrases can be from the following sources:
- Translation memory – you get suggestions – 100% fuzzy matches or concordance searches – that are drawn directly from your TM as you type (new in Studio 2015)
- Machine translation – e.g. Google Translate or SDL Language Cloud (new in Studio 2015)
- An SDL MultiTerm termbase
- AutoText – you can manually add your own words, phrases or terms to your AutoText list which can be used with AutoSuggest.
- AutoSuggest dictionaries
- if you are using SDL Trados Studio Professional you can create your own (you need at least 10,000 translation units in your TM to create an AutoSuggest dictionary),
- if you have SDL Trados Studio Freelance you will need to purchase the AutoSuggest dictionary Creator add-on to do this.
How do I create an AutoSuggest dictionary?
If you are using SDL Trados Studio Freelance you need to purchase the AutoSuggest Creator add-on to create AutoSuggest dictionaries. Review your order details to see if this was included in your purchase.
If you are using SDL Trados Studio Professional for companies you do not need to purchase the add-on to create AutoSuggest dictionaries as this functionality is already included in this edition of our software.
How do I set-up AutoSuggest editing?
If you have one of the sources described above which are needed to use AutoSuggest then you can enable the feature by following these instructions:
- Create an AutoSuggest dictionary or add an existing AutoSuggest dictionary
- Add AutoText Entries
- Add Termbases
- Enable AutoSuggest in the Options dialog box
- Enable which sources to use for suggestions: AutoSuggest dictionaries, termbases and/or AutoText.
How do I use an AutoSuggest dictionary sent by my client?
To add an AutoSuggest dictionary:
- Choose where you want to add the AutoSuggest dictionary
- In the dialog box that you chose to open, select Language Pairs > [Source Language Name – Target Language Name] > AutoSuggest dictionaries from the navigation tree
- Click Add
- Browse to the location of the of the AutoSuggest dictionary file (*.bpm), select the file and click Open.
- The dictionary is added to the list of selected AutoSuggest dictionaries.